COLOR: LIGHT BLUE METALLIC
INTERIOR: BLACK W/ COBRA SEATS (ORIGINAL CORK LEATHER SEATS AND INTERIOR INCLUDED)
To arrange an appointment to view the vehicle, please contact email@example.com or call 317-522-8260.
This sweet chariot is ready for the track or suited for carving corners!
The following updates were made in 78 forward....
In model year 1978, the 911 model range was reduced to two models. The 911 SC (Super Carrera) took the place of the 911 and Carrera models. Exterior mirrors of the 911 SC were electrically adjustable and painted in the exterior color. Until model year 1978, the window surrounds and door handles of the 911 SC were chrome-plated, like those of the previous 911 models; as of model year 1979, they were anodized black – as in the Carrera models. The 1979 911 SC was powered by a 3.0-liter flat engine producing 180 hp. Slow by today’s standards, but with the current mods on this beauty, you’ll be sure to forget such numbers! The 911 SC had the wider body of the 911 Carrera. The headlamp rings were initially chrome plated and as of 79 they were painted in the exterior color.
This car has been with the previous owners since 1989. The current owners friend purchased it from a private owner from Louisville, KY. It was then sold to the current owner in the early 80’s and then sold back to his friend three years later. This is when the Electromotive fuel injection, RUF wheels and RUF style bumpers were purchased. During this time the interior was changed over as it is and the work completed by Auto Europe in Birmingham, MI. The current owner once again bought it back in 1998 and has only added 3,097 miles since. It’s essentially been in the same hands for 30 years. Since 89, the vehicle has seen most miles on the open road and a handful of track sessions. Vehicle has been garaged and driven sparingly throughout this time.
CHECK OUT THE LIST OF UPRATED ITEMS!
- Engine work was performed by Powerhouse in AZ. They installed the Electromotive TEC 2 fuel management and ignition system. They also upgraded the fuel system to accommodate the fuel injection as this car had been converted to 48 IDA Weber carburetors prior to the Electromotive conversion.
- Weltmeister sway bars front and rear.
- Weltmeister front upper strut tie bar.
- Weltmeister racing front and rear torsion bars.
- Front mount oil cooler.
- Big Red brake kit on all 4 corners.
- Ruf Speedline wheels 17x7 // 17x8 with Bridgestone RE11 tires. The wheels are in excellent condition. the wheels have never been curbed or damaged.
- Ruf style front and rear fiberglass bumpers. All the original front and rear bumpers and shocks are included with the car.
- Bilstein shocks.
- A welded in chromoly roll bar was manufactured and installed by Greg Risk of Racecraft in Indianapolis IN.
- The car has had been updated from the big square factory A/C compressor to a smaller Sanden unit. - - - The system may need to be serviced in the future.
- Interior door panels have been converted to RS style units.
- Billy Boat stainless heat exchangers and exhaust.
- Car has expensive European Hella headlights with painted rings. I believe these were dual bulb units. Headlights have been protected since install with a thick layer of protective film. They are in excellent condition. The original headlights and trim rings are included.
- Driver and passenger side Ruf style rearview mirrors included.
- Factory interior, brakes, headlights, seatbelts included.
Few service copies exist, but a thorough recent service in September 2018 shows the vehicle taken to Euro Motorworks in Indianapolis, IN. The following services were completed:
September 2018 – 88,428 miles
- Replaced Clutch with Power Clutch Kit
- Replaced firewall insulation
- Leak down test performed
- New spark plugs
- Adjusted valves while engine was outsand
- Repaired loose wiper motor
- Shorten main linkage rod to achieve full throttle
Total spent: $4,889.56
The following items are noted:
- Hood has some rock chips and discoloration and there are a few areas along the body also showing some age.
- Right front door has small dent near front fender line.
- Rear tea tray Turbo tail has paint flaking on top left hand side and center of bottom
- Left rear fender above wheel has paint flaking and two small scrapes.
- Fuel filler cap has a couple scratch and continues on top of the fender arear. Paint checking noted in this area as well.
- Sunroof has visible scratches
Tires: Bridgestone Potenza RE11
Front: 215/45/R17 91W
- LF 9/32 49/08
- RF 9/32 49/08
Rear: 245/40/R17 91WF
- LR 9/32 37/08
- RR 9/32 37/08
In May of 2020 the vehicle was inspected by The Car Vault in Brownsburg, IN with no outstanding concerns at this time. A compression test was completed and the figures as follows:
Cyl 1: 165psi
Cyl 2: 175psi
Cyl 3: 180psi
Cyl 4: 180psi
Cyl 5: 170psi
Cyl 6: 180psi
Vehicle has seen an exterior, interior and engine bay detail. Vehicle comes with one key, original owner’s manual, original Blaupunkt owner’s manual, clean Indiana title, and the following:
- Cork Leather Perforated Seats
- Door cards
- Front and rear bumpers and lower valance
- Spare with tire
- Seat belts
- Steering wheel
- Plug wires
- Passenger side mirror
- Window moldings
- Rear interior panel covers
- Front and rear bumper shocks
- Rear bumperettes
- Front and rear brake calipers, backing plates and rotors
- 935 style mirrors
- Timing chain case cover
- Passenger side chain box cover
- Front license plate mount
- Front lower bumper bar
- Brown interior trim pieces
- Headlamps and trim covers
Please consider this an invitation to visit MOTORVAULT! If you have any questions or wish for more information about this vehicle or any other vehicle, please do not hesitate to call Brian Henry @ 317-522-8260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
520 West McCarty Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46225, United States
10:00 am – 04:00 pm
10:00 am – 04:00 pm
10:00 am – 04:00 pm
10:00 am – 04:00 pm